Lenovo wants to put itself in the map.
Right when 2018 slowly hushes to a close, Lenovo pulls out its trump card and launches the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT—a specced out boundary-pushing beast of a smartphone that other OEMs will have a hard time following through.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
Let’s get this out of the way: Lenovo wants your attention. And by dropping a Snapdragon 855-powered smartphone on us, it’s doing a stellar job. It’s vying against Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 to be the first smartphone to rock Qualcomm’s fastest processor yet.
Inside the device is an unheard-of 12GB RAM and 512GB internal storage combo, giving the few 10GB RAM smartphones a serious run for their money. Of course, there’s always the argument that 12GB RAM is rather excessive for a smartphone, but it’s nice to know that technology is so far in-advance in terms of computing power.
The Z5 Pro GT’s rear camera is a typical dual setup (24-megapixel + 16-megapixel, f/1.8). But what sets it apart is its front-facing camera setup, which is tucked neatly under its mechanical slider. That affords the smartphone the luxury of a truly bezel-less experience, with a 95.06% screen-to-body ratio.
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel + 8-megapixel dual front camera, f/2.2
- 24-megapixel + 16-megapixel dual rear cameras, f/1.8, dual-tone flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- No headphone jack
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 155.12 x 73.04 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 210g
- 3,350mAh non-removable battery, fast-charging
Pre-orders for the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT start on January 15th, with the device officially hitting Chinese shelves on January 24th. The phone goes out for CNY2,698 (or PHP20,700) for the 6GB/128GB model, CNY3,398 (or PHP26,100) for the 8GB/256GB variant, and CNY4,398(or PHP33,800)
for the 12GB/512GB model.