There’s much buzz around the new Pixel. For the first time, it’s not about it shipping the highest-end of specs.
With the Google Pixel 5, a new path is paved for Google—the untapped playpen of the midrange flagship. Following the bang-on success of the Pixel 4a, it’s unsurprising that the Pixel 5 is taking a similar approach, adding only essential power-ups including a second camera and 5G connectivity.
The Google Pixel 5 is also coming out with just one new color, a muted mint color that looks stunning according to the leaks rendered by Evan Blass.
Here’s a photo of the green Google Pixel 5 in the wild, as shared by Roland Quant on Twitter.
The Google Pixel 5 is expected to be announced next week, to be available later this year. Here are some rumored facts about the handset.
• Release date: Sept. 30, 2020
• Price: $599-$699
• Processor: Snapdragon 765G
• Display: 6-inch 2340 x 1080, 90Hz
• Cameras: Two rear lenses (12.2 MP main sensor and 16MP wide angle lens, ƒ/1.7 aperture)
• Battery: 4,000 mAh
• Other key specs: 5G connectivity, Android 11, Bluetooth 5.0
There’s no word as yet about availability in the Philippines.