The ultrabook, perfected.
Dell has hit great heights with their most-sought after product. Today, the company announces the newest iteration of the Dell XPS 13, equipped with a stunning InfinityEdge display and a properly mounted front-facing web-camera.
“We pride ourselves in always bringing the latest innovation to consumers and iterating when new advancements are made available,” Jay Ranola, Consumer Head of Dell Philippines, tells us via press email. “We are very excited with the updated design, cinematic experiences and better performance that this new XPS will bring for them.”
The Dell XPS 13 addresses most of the concerns consumers have with it. Interestingly, the biggest one involves the placement of the webcam. For the longest time, Dell has snuck it in the oddest of places: the bottom-left edge of the display, below the Dell branding on the chin, and other places. But in their latest take, the webcam is now placed where it’s supposed to be: at the top of the display. Dell does this by using a very small camera that’s sized approximately at 2.25mm.
The full specs of the Dell XPS 13 (2019) follows:
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8565U (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.6GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 (2,133MHz)
- Screen: 13.3-inch, Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160) UltraSharp InfinityEdge touch display
- Storage: 1TB PCIe SSD
- Ports: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 1 x USB-C 3.1, micro SD card reader, headset jack
- Connectivity: Killer 1435 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Camera: Widescreen HD (720p) webcam with 4 array digital microphones
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.23kg)
- Size: 11.9 x 7.8 x 0.3-0.46 inches (3.02 x 1.99 x 0.78-1.16cm; W x D x H)
The Dell XPS 13 is now available in the Philippines. It comes in three colorways, including the Black & Silver and the Rose Gold & White (which are both available now), and the Arctic White and Frost (which will become available starting May 2019).
The Dell XPS 13’s price starts at PHP 109,090.00 in the Philippines.