Took them a few years. But hey, it’s finally here…
You asked, Dell listened. Took a few years, but still…
We’re of course talking about the placement of the Dell XPS 13’s webcam, which for the longest time have sat snuggly at the chin of its display. With the recently unveiled 2019 version of the ultrabook, the webcam is finally placed on top…where it should be.
Here’s a closer look:
Obviously, the camera placement is not the only new thing with the 2019 refresh. The display—still one of the best in the ultrabook space—is now powered with Dolby Vision, a technology that enhances imaging with dramatic effect, making it even better for media and gaming.
There’s also a new “frost” anodized exterior coating that expands the XPS 13 color options from last year’s rose gold + white and black + silver options.
Here is the full list of Dell XPS 13 (2019) specs:
- Processor: 8th-gen Intel Core i3-8145U, i5-8265U, i7-8565U (WHL)
- Display: 13.3in UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) InfinityEdge touch display or Full HD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge touch or non-touch display
- Memory: 4GB-16GB LPDDR3 Dual Channel SDRAM at 2133MHz (On Board)
- Storage: 128/256/512GB/1/2TB PCIe SSD
- Battery: 52Wh, up to 21 hours (Full HD)
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 with power delivery and DisplayPort (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)
- 1x USB-C 3.1 with power delivery and DisplayPort, microSD card reader, headset jack, wedge-shaped lock slot
- Dimensions: Height: 302 x 199 x 7.8 -11.6mm
- Weight: 1.23kg
The new Dell XPS 13 will be available February, starting at USD 899.99 on Dell.com, Microsoft.com and in limited quantities in select Microsoft Store locations.